Ocean View Property vs. Mountain and Jungle View Property
Author: Chris Schauer. REMAX – We Sell Paradise
Many clients I work with automatically assume they want a property with an expansive ocean view. Many ex-pats who have lived here a while aren’t quite so sure. My wife and I had the default ocean view/beach property assumption ourselves on our first visit to Costa Rica. Once we got here, we quickly found that beach proximity and ocean views weren’t the only choices. All it took was one visit to the Arenal Volcano area to open our eyes. I find that many potential home buyers, particularly retirees, start to consider more options once they see the area’s incredible natural beauty.
Ocean views are great, don’t get me wrong! I love them myself, and some of my favorite houses have them. I encourage you to keep an open mind and consider alternatives. All other things being equal, an ocean view home will typically garner a higher value than a non-ocean view property. Of course, this means they will typically cost more, and you will usually also get a higher resale value when you sell.
Reasons to Consider Non-Ocean View Properties in Costa Rica
· Lower price – Typically, all other things being equal, a home with a mountain, valley, and jungle view will cost less than an ocean view property.
· Interesting scenery – Staring off at the ocean is one of my favorite pastimes, but watching the ever- changing jungle can keep me entertained for hours.
· Wildlife – Have you ever sat and watched a monkey, bird, sloth, or other wildlife community members for hours? I have, and it is awesome.
· Protection from elements – Depending on the layout, some homes will find some protection measures from the elements when located among the trees.
Examples of Other-than-Ocean-View Properties
· A friend of mine has a mini river valley in the jungle behind his house.
· I viewed a property near Lagunas that had a river valley view that rivaled national parks in the US, and the 2+ acre property was around $70k.
· A home in my neighborhood backs up to a “monkey trail” with howler monkeys waking me up nearly every morning.
· Many of the homes in the middle of Ojochal have a view of a jungled mountain that sprouts dozens of waterfalls overnight in the green season.
· The location of a friend’s house is on a medium-size hill that is right at the level of the treetops around him. When the breeze blows through the trees, they sway at a leisurely rate, and the effect is truly unique and inspiring.
Want to see jungle view and mountain view properties that will make you reconsider your ocean view preference while saving a bundle?
What to do, Where to eat and Where to stay…
South Pacific Costa Rica Beaches
Looking for business directories, maps or other printouts? We’ve got that too!
Dare to Discover and Enjoy…
Need help planning your next trip to Costa Rica? We look forward to help you!
Dear Reader of Ballena Tales Magazine: with only six weeks left to welcome 2021, we are proud to deliver you another magazine with 22 good stories for big and small.
The treatment with Platelet-rich plasma can be repeated according to the requirements of your skin. Some application strategies recommend one application every month for three months, others one or two a year. The important thing is to assess the condition at the beginning of treatment and thus determine your needs.
Trending in New Home-Design 2021 – Author: Shelagh Duncan – Royal Palm Interiors
We are indeed living in interesting times. Home isn’t just home anymore, it has become an office, a school, gym, play area, restaurant, dormitory, and a place to retreat and relax.
Why the name Cuna del Angel Hotel? It is because I believe in Angels, and my guests should feel like in a cradle, safe, taken care of and pampered, forgetting their problems.
Sustainable Finance: A New Approach. Today, faced with the environmental challenge, the interests of citizens, consumers, businesses, and Finance seem to be aligning in an unprecedented.
Steve´s Supermarket & Delicatessen, this beautiful and nicely presented convenience store will cover all your needs. All in one, there is an exquisite Deli department and a well-equipped supermarket.
In 2019, SOMOS Foundation was founded by a group of local leaders to help formalize this sense of community responsibility. By connecting the dots between local needs, skills, and talents and various forms of regional, national, and international support, SOMOS has been able to help mitigate the economic impacts of the pandemic.